The Calvary Christian Academy vision is based on Psalm 78:1-8. The statement has been made that we are one generation away from the extinction of the Church. We see in these verses how important it was to God to pass on His truth to the next generation of children. At Calvary Christian Academy our vision is to teach kids about Jesus Christ and His wonderful works throughout their education. Calvary Christian Academy believes biblical truth should be incorporated in all their classes, worship time and service. The outcome of their education would agree with verse Psalm 78:7, “ that they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments”. In establishing and following through with this vision we believe Calvary Christian Academy will be guiding this generation of children to be independent thinkers, and dependent on God, with a living faith that is seeking God’s will and producing fruit in the student’s life that glorifies God.
The CCA philosophy is based on making disciples. (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Growing disciples to know God intimately. They develop a reservoir of knowledge based on a biblical worldview. (Proverbs 2:4-6)
- Growing disciples that love God passionately. They display Christ like character in every area of their life. (Mark 12:30-31)
- Growing disciples that serve God selflessly. They demonstrate faithful conduct that honors God and helps people. (Galatians 2:20)
The Calvary Christian Academy philosophy of Christian education is based on the truth that God’s Word is the standard for all truth, and that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God. God has created and sustains all things. Therefore, the universe and man were created by God to glorify Him. Because of the sin nature, man cannot, through his own efforts, know or glorify God. It is only by accepting God’s free gift that man receives salvation through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
All policies of the school, philosophies of subjects, curriculum materials and teaching methods shall conform to our philosophy of Christian education. The Bible is the foundation and motivating force for all curriculum’s. Our primary goals and objectives include:
- To love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and mind (Matt. 22:37)
- To glorify God in all that we do (1 Cor. 10:31)
- To promote the maturity of our students in doctrine and practice (Eph. 6:4; Col. 1:28-29)
- To train our students in Christian service and ministry (2 Tim. 2:2)
The school is an extension of the family and also an extension of the church. In this capacity, we will promote this relationship of family, church, school and members of the body of Christ.
We believe that our priorities and the priorities we teach should be in the following order: Commitment to 1. Christ 2. Family 3. School
Our belief is that God is eternally sovereign. We believe we have been created in God’s image and the Bible gives us the moral principles to live by. We strive to meet all the needs of the student – physical, mental and spiritual.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
At Calvary Christian Academy, students will be provided with academic preparation in all subject areas, as well as with biblical and Christian training, in order to defend their faith. Calvary Christian Academy will prepare its graduates to be:
- Spiritually Growing Individuals who have experienced the full, regenerating power of Jesus Christ and the Word of God through the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives, and who strive for the highest development of each of their God-given talents and abilities (Eph. 1:3-4; Col. 2:6-7).
- Life Long Learners who demonstrate confidence in their God-given abilities, and set realistic personal and academic goals (Romans 12:3-8).
- Critical Thinkers who carry out problem solving skills from a distinctively Christian worldview (Phil. 4:6-9).
- Effective Communicators who express their faith in writing, speaking, listening and numbers (1 Thess. 1:5).
- Servant Leaders who practice Biblical skills in developing godly relationships; able to work harmoniously in a diverse environment and function effectively as a team member (Phil. 2:1-5).
- Healthy Individuals who understand their identity in Christ as a unique individual created in the image of God, and are physically, emotionally and spiritually fit, practicing good health habits and wise use of the body as the temple of God (Romans 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:19-20).
- Community Participants who understand God’s influence in history and world events, and realize their need to practice responsible Christian leadership and citizenship through community service (1 John 3:16-18).
STATEMENT OF FAITH
CALVARY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY is based on the truths revealed in the written Word of God. We interpret these truths to have the following implications for our educational program:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; and Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).